Please Support This Petition :)

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Please Support This Petition :)

Post by Shotokan101 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:31 pm

In 2007, the 'artist' Guillermo Vargas Habacuc, took a dog from the street, tied him to a rope in an art gallery and began starving him to death.

For several days, the 'artist' and the visitors of the exhibition watched, emotionless, the shameful 'masterpiece' based on the dog's agony, until eventually he died.

Does THIS sound like art to you?

But this is not all... the prestigious Visual Arts Biennial of Central America decided that the 'installation' WAS actually art, so Guillermo Vargas Habacuc has been invited to repeat his cruel action for the Biennial of 2008.

Let's STOP HIM!!!!!
Sign the petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html

Here is another petition that is 2 million signatures strong. Please feel free to sign it as well:
http://www.petitiononline.com/13031953/petition.html

Please do it. It's free of charge, there is no need to register, and it will only take 1 minute to save the life of an innocent creature.

AND, for those of you saying "This is all a hoax, etc," here is a direct quote FROM THE 'ARTIST' himself!:
"I knew the dog died on the following day from lack of food. During the inauguration, I knew that the dog was persecuted in the evening between the houses of aluminum and cardboard in a district of Managua. 5 children who helped to capture the dog received 10 bonds of córdobas for their assistance. The name of the dog was Natividad, and I let him die of hunger in the sight of everyone, as if the death of a poor dog was a shameless media show in which nobody does anything but to applaud or to watch disturbed. In the place that the dog was exposed remain a metal cable and a cord. The dog was extremely ill and did not want to eat, so in natural surroundings it would have died anyway; thus they are all poor stray dogs: sooner or later they die or are killed."
Please support this petition to stop this sadistic killer. If this had taken place behind closed doors this many would be sought after by the courts, but instead he is celebrated artistically....

EDIT: On the second petition link (Spanis one) I think the last field might be for age - I entered a two digit number and it was accepted....
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Skint
Novice
Novice

Post by Skint » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:16 pm

What a nogood spineless git I wanna tear his freakin lungs out :evil: :evil:

My poor little Jack Russell passed on after 15 years of pure love last
July. Some people think I'am weird coz I kept his ashes in an urn truth
is I loved him so so much as did Kenneth. :cry:

Did you see that story on Sky news a little while ago. Girl Tiger in India
walked into a village locals chanted at it and it ran up a tree, I dont have
a problem with that as Tigers would eat the people. Then the park rangers
came with a knock out dart so they could take her back to Tigerville.
I still didnt have a problem she had to be moved for her own saftey.

Then after she slid down the tree falling asleep some spineless local idiot
ran over to her bashing her with a club. :evil:

Forgot this
Name Comments
953828. Rita Tipton Jail Him
953828 Signatures Total
View Current Signatures
Skint
Martyn
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Martyn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Can I suggest that people try the following Google link

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Habacuc+hoax&ie=UTF-8
Mugwump's Origo Repair CD
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 pm

Martyn wrote:Can I suggest that people try the following Google link

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Habacuc+hoax&ie=UTF-8
I had actually seem some of these but to my mind it's still indeterminate - after all you'd hardly expect the gallery to admit it now would you ?

... and anyway I'd not even cross the road to stamp out the flames on this so called Artist if he was on fire - even if it was staged - the dog WAS malnourished and used in the exhibit - to me whether it actually starved to death is a moot point.... I've seen one of the videos from the exhibition and it's still animal cruelty in my ipinion... :(
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....