size 16 girl In Miss England Final

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
oomaha28

Post by oomaha28 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Chloe Marshall, a 17-year-old ex-beautician from Surrey, is set to turn modelling convention around by becoming the first ever size 16 girl to take part in a Miss England final. The BBC suggests she's making history which, in the week that America got healthcare reform and the UK launched a new space agency, seems like a fair assessment.

The 5ft 10in, 12st 5lb and a 36E model points out that the average UK woman is a size 16 and says past efforts to drop in dress size weren't for her:

"Last year I went on a really strict diet and got down to a size 12, but I just looked like skin and bones, it didn't suit me.
"I eat healthily, I go to the gym a lot. This is just the size I'm meant to be."

Why do we even have a Miss England contest these days? I can't find any info on the Miss England website that tells me what the point of the competition is. If it's to celebrate the hottest girls in England, that seems obviously dated. If it's to pay tribute to the character and inspirational efforts of the average English woman, why aren't there more girls like Chloe Marshall getting through to the finals?
juliennepeters

Re: size 16 girl In Miss England Final

Post by juliennepeters » Fri May 07, 2010 4:25 am

Good for her she has such great confidence! :D She does have a pretty face(even though it looks way too small for her body). The thing is that she can't possibly be that healthy. If she is going to hold such a title where young girls look up to her, then she should promote a healthy lifestyle along with her other duties as Miss England. She doesn't have to be a size zero to be healthy but she wouldn't be that big in the first place if she was eating a balanced diet and exercising.