New Logo for RouterTech

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
thelaw

New Logo for RouterTech

Post by thelaw » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:33 am

First impression about RT is the logo is not so fancy for some people (including me), just thinking why we don't do a small competion for redesign RT logo? Any idea???
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: New Logo for RouterTech

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:18 pm

NO harm in seeing some alterative design suggestiosn I guess....

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
notinthisworld
Experienced
Experienced

Post by notinthisworld » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:03 am

suggestion:

why not make a logo making contest.

prize: teddy bear with RT shirt hehehe/.
desinet3

Post by desinet3 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:44 pm

For a newbie like me... I also am totally un-impressed with the logo. Sure a community like it deserves something better.
TafnaSM
Regular
Regular

Post by TafnaSM » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:36 pm

desinet3 wrote:For a newbie like me... I also am totally un-impressed with the logo. Sure a community like it deserves something better.
I have no problems with the current logo. There are more important things to do. Why don't write a good help file instead of "starting a useless logo competition"?

MfG Stefan Fröhlich
42 ;-)
thelaw

Post by thelaw » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:07 am

TafnaSM wrote:
desinet3 wrote:For a newbie like me... I also am totally un-impressed with the logo. Sure a community like it deserves something better.
I have no problems with the current logo. There are more important things to do. Why don't write a good help file instead of "starting a useless logo competition"?

MfG Stefan Fröhlich
42 ;-)
So what do you do? It is NOT useless at all. Good and professional logo will be a good "marketing" start to attract more people getting involved on this project. Well I'm starting designing some now, it won't hurt the RT firmware development project anyway.

Well RT also selling merchandise, having good and beautiful logo, will also increase the selling for this goodies and RT will get more money to sustain the project. Useless hugh, think twice :)
TafnaSM
Regular
Regular

Post by TafnaSM » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 am

thelaw wrote:
TafnaSM wrote:
So what do you do?
I figured out, how to run OpenVPN on RouterTech and together with thechief we made it ready for firmware 2.94 including scripts and a HowTo. This tooked several hours. In viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3760 I provided a useful script which possibly will be in the next firmware release. And what do you do?
thelaw wrote:It is NOT useless at all. Good and professional logo will be a good "marketing" start to attract more people getting involved on this project. Well I'm starting designing some now, it won't hurt the RT firmware development project anyway.
Well RT also selling merchandise, having good and beautiful logo, will also increase the selling for this goodies and RT will get more money to sustain the project. Useless hugh, think twice :)
When more people are attracted they have to fight their way through the documentation and I guess many of them give up and they'll go. I would have given up with one bricked router but I was in need to run OpenVPN on the router and I saw the chance to figure out how to do this. The people will go due to the lack of good documentation and not because of an "unimpressive" logo. And when that happens you'll have a new logo that everybody will associate with bad documentation. And that IS useless.
So don't only think twice, double check arguments. :-)
However, if there is no other way for you to contribute, then start creating a logo.

MfG Stefan Fröhlich
42 ;-)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm

I would encourage everyone to contribute in whatever way they can to the firmware project. Those who can submit code and/or patches should do so. Those who are good at writing technical documentation should help with the documentation (this is actually an area in which there is a dire need). Those who are good at producing pretty and eye-catching stuff should also help.

Our greatest current need is the documentation - but that doesn't mean that other things are not important or useful.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:21 pm

As per thechief's comments, we welcome all contributions, large and small. If you want to write docs, design a logo, etc. just start a thread with your work and we'll look at getting it included in the project in some way :)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Vindicator

Post by Vindicator » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 am

But it would be better and more encouraging if there were so kind of prize for the efforts :)
ahmedfarazch

Post by ahmedfarazch » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:35 am

Hello!

I have a suggestion that alongwith a new logo, the interface might also need a facelift! I know that it should be possible to modify it in the source but it would be great to have extra goodies as well! With the metro style of Win 8, I think simpler is better:
Attachments
proto_metro.PNG
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:00 pm

What extra goodies?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
ahmedfarazch

Post by ahmedfarazch » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 am

The extra goodies that don't come with the source!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am

Sorry, but I am not sure what exactly you're talking about.
ahmedfarazch

Post by ahmedfarazch » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Never mind! Just carry on the awesome work :D