my band

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
gazzer
Regular
Regular

my band

Post by gazzer » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:55 pm

lol, its the non-technical forum, surely im allowed to whore out my relatively new band in here? :P www.myspace.com/apefunk 8)
neilius
Regular
Regular

Post by neilius » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Ah so you're the guy who hits things with sticks? Got a cruel joke...

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine? With a drum machine you only have to punch the information in once. :wink:
gazzer
Regular
Regular

Post by gazzer » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:23 pm

well, funny you should say that - all the songs in the player at the top of the page are from a drum machine 8)
neilius
Regular
Regular

Post by neilius » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:15 pm

Well programmed drums!
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:28 pm

Do you do Barmitzvas? Not my cup of tea at all and errr i can't even say well played either errrr keep trying you'll get there I am sure. :? Errrr dunno what to say now that is positive, a decent drummer with balls and a bass player that can kick butt might help.........bugger its not looking to good from the eMu front sorry, but then I am not your target audience, unless of course you want someone who likes death/gothic/black/speed metal into your thang? :wink:
neilius
Regular
Regular

Post by neilius » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Sounds very pentatonic with a hint of blues scale (augmented 4th) appearing here and there! Musos will know what I'm talking about hopefully :)
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:27 pm

neilius wrote:Sounds very pentatonic with a hint of blues scale (augmented 4th) appearing here and there! Musos will know what I'm talking about hopefully :)
You are being too kind, the bass player wrote this surely.
gazzer
Regular
Regular

Post by gazzer » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:39 pm

lol, please ignore the bass on the tracks in the myspace player at the top because that's our guitarist hamming it up before we got a bassist - we're in the process of re-recording the tracks, and also we've got this phenomenal singer from a band i used to be in to join so there will be some good vocals on there too. thanks for the comment about the programmed drums... i try 8) although the drums on the newer mixes are alot better because i've toned down the amount of fills i use in the drum tracks; they sounded drats and i don't play half as many live.

did you watch the video of the jam further down the page? its not amazing considering that was our first practice with the new bassist but it isn't bad, and it's got me playing drums live for a change so thats a good thing :D

and i do like rock and metal, they are my favourite genres :P still got my download festival wristband on :twisted:
neilius
Regular
Regular

Post by neilius » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:42 am

Roger Waters wrote most of Pink Floyd's stuff and he was the bassist... (although I personally prefer the Gilmour flavour).