Secure the confidential data

Talk about anything you like here, as long as it's non-technical and within the rules. No support questions here please! Posts here do not count towards your total
richierich

Secure the confidential data

Post by richierich » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:15 am

Hi all,

I’m planning to start a business in Toronto. I want to keep my client details as well as my employee's details secure. I’m looking for transferring the important documents in the cloud that won’t be easily accessible or hackable. I found a blog () which explains a few ways to secure the data without getting hacked. I need some suggestions to keep my network and devices safe. One of my friends advised me to contact cyber security experts to this work for us. Has anyone tried saving data online? What are the safety measures you implemented to secure it? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Secure the confidential data

Post by Kieran » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:23 pm

I would strongly suggest becoming familiar with and then complying with the data protection laws in the jurisdiction in which your business is incorporated and in jurisdictions in which you plan on doing business; this kind of thing can quickly become a minefield if you're not careful (sending certain employee/customer details from/to certain jurisdictions can be illegal, regardless of how it is encrypted)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!