Alterntive project ???

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Alterntive project ???

Post by the_flames » Tue May 29, 2007 10:48 am

While browsing the web I stumbled over

http://openwrt.org/

the seem to be a wireless Router firmware project , like RouterTech, but based on the Linksys WRT54G/GS series of routers

http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware ... direct=toh

is a link to a list of all the routers that they have listed.

is this info any use to the Dev of the routertech firmware? will it help expand the number of devices supported. Or is the code base too different to the RouterTech Firmware?
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue May 29, 2007 11:19 am

Hi, thanks for the links :)

The RT team has been aware of Openwrt and we have in fact referred to their hardware tables in the past to look up hardware specs of different models etc.

Openwrt has been mentioned quite a few times in the forums - try doing a forum search on 'openwrt' ;)

Unfortunately, the Openwrt firmware code base is very different to the RT kind so any direct exchange of code/modules is not possible. I'm sure TheChief or biro can go in to more detail here...
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue May 29, 2007 5:10 pm

I think you've said it all, Neo :)
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
the_flames
Regular
Regular

Post by the_flames » Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Neo wrote:Hi, thanks for the links :)
I'm Glad I'm not a total fool :D
Neo wrote: Openwrt has been mentioned quite a few times in the forums - try doing a forum search on 'openwrt' ;)
Did that ... and I'm feeling like a Fool , one with a silly hat with bells on :|

Oh well :roll: :lol: