Vista Wireless Issues

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
Mark M
Novice
Novice

Post by Mark M » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:03 pm

SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 am

Thanks for the link Mark. I did run 'a' total NIS removal tool from symantec but that link really does not look familiar. Perhaps I ran an older version. I know that I've still got some stuff from symantec on my Vista machine as it was telling me about attempts from liveupdate to connect to the internet in the ZoneAlarm log!

I shall have a go with the correct app from your link above when I'm back home and post the results.

In this case I'm not sure if it was the removal of NIS that started all this off or if it was something else I did (playing with a bluetooth dongle). I also don't recall which version of NIS was pre-installed.
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:06 am

Pista and NIS really do have to be the two worst pieces of software, and they decided to put the two together ... There is no hope in the world.
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:52 pm

Just to close the loop on this one, running the removal tool from the link above got rid of liveupdate and a couple of other bits and pieces left behind by the other removal tool.
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan