Prior Planning Pays Off

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
Martyn
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Prior Planning Pays Off

Post by Martyn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:15 pm

When I first moved 2 years ago, I put my wireless router in the attic. This was mainly to get wireless coverage in the office which was an extension off the house.

We have now moved to our own house (previous was rented to see if we liked the area). It is 50 yards down the road and the opposite side.

Due to not giving the requisite 5 days for a sim provide, the phone is now working in the new house on the old number but ADSL is still on the old line.
As we don't have to hand the old house back to the landlord for another 7 days, my servers & router are still in the old house and I get a respectable 12-18Mbps on wireless using my laptop in the new house.

Thanks to good old wireless, I should see very little downtime on my ADSL connection on swapover. :D
Mugwump's Origo Repair CD