ISP DSLAM Manufacturer

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
KeithSloan
Regular
Regular

Neo

Post by KeithSloan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm

1.3.1 Works fine.

I have Internet Explorer but not the latest version 6.0.2800.1106. Prefering to use Firefox and I am Windows 2000 so not sure if 7 is supported.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Unexpected Error

Post by Neo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:30 pm

mstombs wrote:um well I have to admit I looked on this site first, then jumped to your site via a RUC link - didn't see that big button in your sig! Then got attracted by the phone thingy...
Oh well, glad you got there in the end then :)
mstombs wrote:I think you should treat yourself to a sticky in the software forum and and an entry in the downloads page on this site!
I think you're right - it's something that I totally overlooked, probably because I always had some sort of link to it in my sig. I have followed your suggestion ;) - see viewtopic.php?t=1424
KeithSloan wrote:1.3.1 Works fine.
That's strange because the only real difference is the ISP hardware identification section, which doesn't require any additional components etc. Can you try renaming the "rt_rd_133.exe.manifest" to something like "rt_rd_133.exe.manifest.old" to see if that makes any difference?

BTW these are the version 1.3.3 files that should all be in the same folder

Code: Select all

ClassI.ini
ClassII.ini
ClassIIDump.txt
ClassV.ini
NetworkInfo.bat
rt_rd_133.exe
rt_rd_133.exe.manifest
vendors.txt
Settings.ini
Are they all there?
KeithSloan wrote:I have Internet Explorer but not the latest version 6.0.2800.1106. Prefering to use Firefox and I am Windows 2000 so not sure if 7 is supported.
That should all be OK, since v1.3.1 is working...
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
KeithSloan
Regular
Regular

Settings.ini missing.

Post by KeithSloan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:38 am

I tried renaming the manifest and no difference.

Settings.ini is missing I checked the zip file and it was not there either. I tried a new download of zip file and again still missing.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Settings.ini missing.

Post by Neo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:11 am

OK, thanks for the info.
KeithSloan wrote:Settings.ini is missing I checked the zip file and it was not there either. I tried a new download of zip file and again still missing.
...I forgot to add that the 'Settings.ini' file will only appear when the Router Diagnostic successfully closes.

I have attached a packaged version of the diagnostic which should include all the components you need. Please can you try installing it :)
Attachments
rt_rd_133_setup.zip
Router Diagnostic Setup - 1.3.3
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 570 times
KeithSloan
Regular
Regular

Still No Joy.

Post by KeithSloan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Still no joy.

I downloaded the zip and ran setup. It told me it was updating my system
and would need to reboot.

After this I ran the version I had unzipped before.

I looked at SETUP.LST

[Setup]
Title=Router Diagnostic
DefaultDir=$(ProgramFiles)\Router Diagnostic
AppExe=rt_rd_133.exe
AppToUninstall=rt_rd_133.exe

Should this have created a new install under Program File\Router Diagnostic ? If so it did not do so.
KeithSloan
Regular
Regular

Setup Not completing.

Post by KeithSloan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Each time I run setup it says it copies 7 system files and then says it need to reboot before continuing. After reboot setup repeats the process and never installs the other files.

I think I will give up at this point I don't want my Windows 2K system polluted with Win XP versions of stuff.

Thanks for trying.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Still No Joy.

Post by Neo » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:42 pm

KeithSloan wrote:...I looked at SETUP.LST

[Setup]
Title=Router Diagnostic
DefaultDir=$(ProgramFiles)\Router Diagnostic
AppExe=rt_rd_133.exe
AppToUninstall=rt_rd_133.exe

Should this have created a new install under Program File\Router Diagnostic ? If so it did not do so.
Yep, the second stage to the setup wizard should look like this:
Clicking on the install button would create the folder and placed the program and it's associated files into said folder.
KeithSloan wrote:Each time I run setup it says it copies 7 system files and then says it need to reboot before continuing. After reboot setup repeats the process and never installs the other files.
That's strange behaviour - my guess is that one or more files it's trying to replace are in use and so it can only do that once it reboots, but then something prevents it from overwriting those files on boot.
KeithSloan wrote:I think I will give up at this point I don't want my Windows 2K system polluted with Win XP versions of stuff.
They shouldn't pollute your system but thanks for trying it anyway :)
Attachments
install_step.jpg
Install step
(44.22 KiB) Downloaded 329 times