configuration settings?

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
colt45gto
Novice
Novice

configuration settings?

Post by colt45gto » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:55 pm

hey guys i thought i might pop a question here one i cant quite figure out. ok well maybe one of many i cant quite figure out lol.

got me a whole fresh pc to run the main website from the main pc runs the nameserver. i'm using the belkin modem router because its 4 port i think the other little samr was taking sides with which connection to use. anyway i'm running apache2triad on the new pc so would like some infor on how to join the two to work as one.....well sort of!

got windows server2008 on main domain pc and forums on new one. they are both coming to same ip but there could be a clash?

now if i input the specified ip belkin gave the comp i go into the router on typing the address of the website but if i put my static ip in apache apache fails to start :S.

i know this isnt routertechs prob but i think its a router thing. any pointers?