Routertech firmware guide

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
fbianchi70

Routertech firmware guide

Post by fbianchi70 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:06 pm

how comes that no user guide is available?
such beautiful fw...
... i wish i could have detailed explanation for each setting...

i'm not an expert on this matter

fede
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:15 pm

All volunteers to do the task would be warmly welcomed ;)
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Dorcots
Novice
Novice

Post by Dorcots » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:19 pm

If there was a user guide in the form of a wiki (allowing anyone to add/edit), I am sure volunteers would more readily contribute.

Several times, I have thought about writing an article appropriate to a user guide but never got round to it. How much easier it would have been just to add to create a starter page or add to page.

Each person would only contribute in their area of expertise be it technical guru, technical authoring, testing or grammar and the use of English.

Some of the excellent articles on this site would be revised as time and better understanding occurs. At present, changes and corrections remain all too visible where a suitable wiki would bury most of this in the history and discussion pages.

The model/style for the “RouterTech Firmware User Guide” should be derived from Wikipedia but with appropriate changes to meet its user guide function. (Does anyone know of any examples?)

Logged on users should have full editing rights while others should only be able to edit the content of sections.

The articles in the RT Knowledge Base could also be moved to a wiki but I suggest that this is not started until the user guide is underway. Articles could then more effectively be revised as time and better understanding occurs. Comments, changes and corrections would be hidden away in the history and discussion pages of the wiki.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Good idea! Any volunteers to start the project?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.