Please Can You Help Me?

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
alex51

Please Can You Help Me?

Post by alex51 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi everyone. This my first message and i am newbie :oops:

Firstly so sorry my very bad English. I do not know this language very vell.

I want to upgrade my old modem firmware but i don't know anythink about this. I have upgraded my DVB-S reciever but i didn't do for modem :(

my DSL (with wireless) modem and it's info in pictures.

Can anybody tell me how can i upgrade my modem (loader-software) and which firmware is correct for me? and tools,software,loader,image,firmware etc. links ?

Please i said, i do not know English very well ! Can you tell me especially with pictures?

Thanks alot for all

Last edited by alex51 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Please Can You Help Me?

Post by thechief » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:46 pm

You need to run the RUC (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1062). It will tell you whether your router is compatible, and, if so, which firmware to use.

NOTE: if your English is not very good, then I must warn you against upgrading your firmware. All the documentation is in English, and you need to read and understand it fully, in order to be able to follow all the instructions. If something goes wrong, then in what language are we going to write to assist you?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
alex51

Post by alex51 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:43 pm

thechief wrote:You need to run the RUC (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1062). It will tell you whether your router is compatible, and, if so, which firmware to use.

NOTE: if your English is not very good, then I must warn you against upgrading your firmware. All the documentation is in English, and you need to read and understand it fully, in order to be able to follow all the instructions. If something goes wrong, then in what language are we going to write to assist you?
I understand very well the last one :) Thank you your answer.

This my RUC report

Code: Select all

Router Upgrade Check 1.3.5 30.10.2009 23:27:34
Router IP: 192.168.1.1
CLI is needed
Description: Inca IM-204W
Board type: AR7WRD
Product ID: AR7WRD
Bootloader: 
RAM 16,0 MB
Flash (ROM) 4,0 MB
ADAM2: No
No default env: No
Linux version: 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le
Firmware build: 070723
Firmware version: 
Firmware stamp: 20070723170950
CPU: MIPS 4KEc V4.8
DSP: 7.02.03.00
Annex: A
/proc/wlan: Yes
/usr/sbin/wlan: Yes
TIAP: Yes
TNETW: Yes
Wireless: Yes
WIFI chip: TNETW1350A
WIFI chip conf: Yes
Ports: 4
Marvell (or Marvell like): No
NSP: User
Manufacturers: 
RNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
HRNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
Warning! Core Logic (NSP) could not be read. If the Core Logic version is too low you may need to upgrade to your router manufacturer's latest firmware first.
WARNING
Your router does not have a Marvell switch and so your switch may or may not be supported.
Realtek and IP175C switches are supported in the TNETW1350A firmware. Your Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly with a RouterTech firmware.

Select an AR7WRD PSPBOOT TNETW1350A 4 PORT firmware.
Latest: routertech-ar7wrd-1350A-pspboot-firmware-20090922.zip
Please read the instructions that come with the firmware files before you upgrade.
According to your current MTD values, you should be able to upgrade using a single firmware image.
I think my firmware must be this download/file.php?id=1510

and i dowloaded RRT 1.0.7 but i don't have any idea for unbricking and flashing in guide.pdf :?

Ping = PASS
Http = FAIL
Telnet = PASS
FTP (bootloader) = FAIL
Server = PASS

thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:48 pm

There is nothing that I can usefully add to the RUC report. But you'd better not do anything until you have learnt how to de-brick a router.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
alex51

Post by alex51 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:43 pm

thechief wrote:There is nothing that I can usefully add to the RUC report. But you'd better not do anything until you have learnt how to de-brick a router.

How does this process is done only wanted to illustrate. This was an experience for me :wink:

thank you again