primary DNS server

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
urbashi

primary DNS server

Post by urbashi » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 am

How do i get my primary and secondary dns numbers? im trying to set up a router and when im doing the installation it asks for the dns primary and secondary. I went to network connections and went to the dns settings and its blocked out unless u click use new dns settings and then u can type ur own. What the hell do i do im getting real frustrated.
Last edited by urbashi on Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: primary DNS server

Post by thechief » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Which router, and which firmware?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
nightmoon
Novice
Novice

Post by nightmoon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:29 pm

i made configuration for more than 10 kinds of routers like:D-link,linksys,TP-link,Buffalo ,,,, no one ask for DNS.
AK47

Post by AK47 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

urbashi wrote:How do i get my primary and secondary dns numbers? im trying to set up a router and when im doing the installation it asks for the dns primary and secondary. I went to network connections and went to the dns settings and its blocked out unless u click use new dns settings and then u can type ur own. What the hell do i do im getting real frustrated.

You can put the google dns in there :) 8.8.4.4 nice to remember.
jocelin

Post by jocelin » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 am

you can just type 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 into to the blank. it's google's DNS . suitable for anywhere!