primary DNS

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
belainex

primary DNS

Post by belainex » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:29 am

How do i get my subnet mask default router primary DNS and secondary DNS? I am trying to get my subnet mask, default router, primary DNS, and secondary DNS numbers to get access to the internet on the PSP. I have tried to go to start - run- and then type cmd or ipconfig/all but neither of them work.
Last edited by belainex on Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: primary DNS

Post by thechief » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 am

What precisely does "neither of them work" mean? The ipconfig command should provide some information. I would be very surprised if it did nothing at all - which is what your statement suggests.

In any case, if you are using a RouterTech router, then your primary DNS would normally be the router's IP address (192.168.1.1) unless you've set it manually to something else. Default router should be the same, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.

Of course there is nothing stopping you from using OpenDNS (or Google, or whatever) DNS servers as your DNS servers.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.