secondary DNS

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
belainex

secondary DNS

Post by belainex » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:51 am

Where can i find my secondary dns number? I have my primary dns number, but when i do start>cmd>ipconfig/all, i just see 1 dns number, not two, is there anyway i can find the secondary dns number?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: secondary DNS

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:55 am

Did you specify a secondary DNS?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
paaaja
Regular
Regular

Re: secondary DNS

Post by paaaja » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm

belainex wrote:Is there anyway i can find the secondary dns number?
It might be stored in your router, not in Windows. For example, my only DNS address in Windows is 192.168.1.1, which is consistent with my Routertech router. And in my router I have defined specific DNS servers, to which my router connects when translating DNS requests. In Windows it's better to have defined a DNS server in your local network, you shouldn't connect to "outside" DNS in Windows. Well, it's certainly possible, but in the practice it's hardly ever done.