Routertech (web browser+firewall)

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
sbr1986

Routertech (web browser+firewall)

Post by sbr1986 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Hi.
I'm new in Routertech.
This weekend i've put the 2.96 RT firmware (non-wireless) on my wag354g v1 for doing VPN with openvpn. The router it's just for that!
My problem is on the openvpn configuration... i already have all files (ca.crt, server.ovpn, server.key, server.crt and dh1024.dem) mounted in "/smbfs/openvpn" with smbmount but i dont understand what i need to do to start the openvpn. I see "openvpn.sh" and "openvpnstart.sh"! What is the diference between them? It's possible to add an administrator for openvpn on the web page of the routertech router?

By the way... how can i turn firewall off?

If someone can help-me please do it with urgency! =(

tnks.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Routertech (web browser+firewall)

Post by mstombs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 am

Hi and welcome,

I didn't know the wag354 was compatible - did you replace the bootloader?

Are you using the ADSL port? If so there is a tickbox to enable/disable firewall in the connection setup, but this also disables nat routing (no iptables nat MASQUERADE) so you can only use this "no-NAT" setup when you have a static IP block from your ISP.

Sorry can't help with openvpn right now, and little chance to add it to the web gui due to size and difficulty of working around the binary only core routines.

Definitely not compatible with wag354, but there are Ethernet routers with openvpn with a web gui - using open-source firmware such as tomatousb.
sbr1986

Post by sbr1986 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:38 pm

Tks for the reply. (Sorry if i make any write mistake =P)

Yes i did... I jtag the router and flashed bootloader PSP 1.0.4 and make a tftp to flash 4-Ports non-wireless (psp bootloader) firmware.
I'm not using the ADSL, only LAN resources. My router is linked to a CISCO Wag320n with ADSL active.

The problem with my openvpn is the "TUN". Cant start and i dont kown why!
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am

Sorry, still don't know about OpenVPN, but you will be trying to use the wired ports for both LAN and WAN, which can be an issue with basic IP addresses and routing out of the same switch. Ethernet routers get around this by segregating the switch ports into separate WAN and LAN vlans, but there's only certain versions of RouterTech and AR7 routers that have switch drivers where this is possible.

There are some users who manage to make PPPoE connections via the Ethernet ports, and others who can use wireless routers as access points, but most 'core functions' of the router assume you are using the ADSL port as the WAN port - so scripts at the Linux OS level are needed.
siji75

Post by siji75 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Are you using two routers? one for ADSL connection and second router for openvpn.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Yes, that is what I think he is doing. So the question is how to get the RouterTech router (which is not being used for the ADSL connection) to run openvpn correctly.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.