BT 'Home Hub'?

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:21 pm

Now theres an idea... I didn't even think of that... I did follow those links, but they all led me to dead ends. I have been vigarously trawling google for more clues and links, but all end up in the same place.

I will give P2P ago, surely someone will have something.
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:51 pm

Did a quick search some P2P torrent sites, but found nothing... Without installing some god forsaken P2P client... I think that option is out.
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:59 pm

studioeng wrote:Did a quick search some P2P torrent sites, but found nothing... Without installing some god forsaken P2P client... I think that option is out.
If you use Opera browser then you can use that for downloading P2P files just like any other download, okay it isn't as fast as something like Azureus but it works. If like me your browser is on 24/7 then you will get the file, albeit maybe slowly.
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:05 pm

Thats not what I meant :D

I use TorrentFlux on a *nix server for my P2P downloading, so that's not really an issue.

The thing I was refering to was, with clients like Shareaza, Azureus and (god forbid) Kazaa... They have their own built in search facility which can produce a few more results than a torrent site can... although there is more chance of getting viruses with the above mentioned clients.

So unless someone can search and pass the torrent my way, I cant see that as an option personally. :D
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:16 pm

I've just got myself one of these Home Hubs, hopefully will recieve it in the next few days... Now I need to 'break' it :D

This router breaking business is starting to get addictive :lol: :twisted: :evil:

Lock up your routers :lol
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:11 pm

I know what you mean about breaking routers, I've had to USB repair my Origo more times than I care to remember.

Let us know all about the home hub. Perhaps you would be willing to write a review for us with screen shots etc. to help the forum users?
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:33 pm

Well if I can get any further than other sites have come, then I shall post my findings. If I manage to unlocked it, you will be the first to know :D
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:11 pm

Well, I'm pleased to announce that I tock receipt of my long await BT Home Hub today.

I can't say that I've hacked/unlocked it yet, but I've managed to get it working behind my existing SWAMR router. So I am currently using it as an Access Point. My next plan is to play with the VoIP/SIP functions.

I have got access to the Home Hub via telnet, and also found that you can access a 'menu' where you can browse as aposed to the CLI. Some interesting stuff can be found in the 'env' section :D

I will post some screenies when I get the chance.

Progress on other sites with unlocking the Home Hub seem to be very slow at the moment, hopefully I will be able to get somewhere with it.

P.S. Since this topic seems to be picking up steam, any chance it could be moved to 'Technical', or elsewhere so users posts count and not wasted :D or shall I start a new thread with more info? :)
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:51 pm

studioeng wrote:Since this topic seems to be picking up steam, any chance it could be moved to 'Technical', or elsewhere
Agreed, moved.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:58 pm

studioeng wrote:........

I can't say that I've hacked/unlocked it yet, but I've managed to get it working behind my existing SWAMR router. So I am currently using it as an Access Point. My next plan is to play with the VoIP/SIP functions.
I presume that you're not expecting to be able to play with the VOIP until after you've cracked the HUB..... :?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:17 am

Thank you kindly Kieran :)
Shotokan101 wrote:I presume that you're not expecting to be able to play with the VOIP until after you've cracked the HUB..... :?
Well that all depends if I can find a way to adjust the route/gateway that the router uses; will this always be locked to the WAN side, or is it possible to redirect to LAN->LAN??

I will install FreePBX server over the weekend and see if I can establish a SIP connection to it via the Home Hub.

On another note:

I performed a port scan on the Home Hub; these ports are open:
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [21-ftp]
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [23-telnet]
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [80-www-http]
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [443-https]
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [1723-pptp]
TCP: 192.168.1.201 [51005]
Access to the router via ftp and telnet can be done with:

Username: admin
Password: admin
(both are case sensitive)

FTP via 'cmd' gives limited access, 'ls' command doesnt show any files, only displays 'access denied' yet you can 'cd' into the usual folders; some you can list, others you cannot... mostly seems to be a non-readable filesystem. Using an FTP client gives the same results

After you log into Telnet, you can enter 'menu' which brings up a semi-user friendly system menu.

I found it odd that the PPTP port is open, unknown if it is a server or a client. I tried to connect to it, but no connection could be established... Maybe this is a way the firmware is upgraded remotely?!

When I try to connect to the 51005 port (with a browser); I get a login prompt with this:
Enter username and password for "cpe_cwmp@thompson.net" @ http://bthomehub.home:51005
Incorrect login produces this error
XML Parsing Error: no element found
Line Number 1, Column 1:
^
So far, it seems to be making a really good Wireless Access Point :lol:[/img]
Last edited by studioeng on Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 am

studioeng wrote:
Well that all depends if I can find a way to adjust the route/gateway that the router uses; will this always be locked to the WAN side, or is it possible to redirect to LAN->LAN??
This very subject is being discussed elsewhere today on this forum RE: Routertech F/W on AR7 :wink:
Jim

studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:26 am

Shotokan101 wrote:This very subject is being discussed elsewhere today on this forum RE: Routertech F/W on AR7 :wink:
You're just teasing me now :P which thread can I find out about that? Can I have a thread link? pretty please :)
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:29 am

...a man after my own heart :wink: why find it yourself when you can ask someone else :lol:

lazygitlink

/kidding :wink: :twisted:
Jim

studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:30 am

Shotokan101 wrote:...a man after my own heart :wink: why find it yourself when you can ask someone else :lol:

lazygitlink

/kidding :wink: :twisted:
Cheers fella :D :lol:

I did a quick search, looked in the obvious posts ... but couldn't find anything :( sorry