No VPN connection allowed over WiFi - Only through Ethernet?

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
Morph

No VPN connection allowed over WiFi - Only through Ethernet?

Post by Morph » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi Guys,

I have had a good look around the forum (and the internet) but cant seem to get a solutions to this. I have about 20 of the RouterTech routers installed on various customers sites and its become apparent that you cannot connect to a VPN through them over WiFi.

I have tried newer firmware (2.97) but its still the same. Also tried with the firewall on or off, and putting the client Laptop in a DMZ and with no WEP key (currently WPA2).

I must be missing something obvious, I am getting an error 806 (GRE related) but if its connecting over Ethernet, then can it still be firewall related? Does the firewall do something different when through Wifi ? Both Ethernet and WiFi protocols connect DHCP, all standard settings...

The VPN is a PPTP (port 1723)

Help please ? - Confused.com -
Morph

Re: Hi to the Forum!

Post by Morph » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:23 pm

FIXED!

Thanks anyways guys, it was a problem with these routers that they dont allow VPN Passthrough in WiFi mode........
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: No VPN connection allowed over WiFi - Only through Ether

Post by thechief » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Glad you got that sorted. Care to share how you fixed the problem?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.