Need help in connection troubleshooting

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
billybkcase

Need help in connection troubleshooting

Post by billybkcase » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:23 am

I was tweaking my router interface, I accidentally touched the vlan settings. I had no idea what to do there so I try to exit the settings. I think I clicked delete trying to exit the settings page and I have lost both lan and wireless connection. i tried a factory reset with no success. I cannot reconfigure using the router disc as well. It seems that my WAN is disconnected too. Thanks in advance.
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Need help in connection troubleshooting

Post by Alan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:26 am

Hi, What make/type of router do you have?

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I think the router may have died. Are you sure it has reset to factory settings? Once you have reset it, you would have to put all your ISP details, Wi-Fi passwords in again.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!
billybkcase

Post by billybkcase » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Alan wrote:Hi, What make/type of router do you have?

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I think the router may have died. Are you sure it has reset to factory settings? Once you have reset it, you would have to put all your ISP details, Wi-Fi passwords in again.
I tried a different router but still no connection, what could be the cause.
billybkcase

Post by billybkcase » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:28 pm

Alan wrote:Hi, What make/type of router do you have?

Hi I have a tp link TD-W8961N
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Alan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:19 pm

If you have tried another router, and you still cannot connect to the internet , then the fault will either be with your line, internally or externally. Get your ISP to check out your line.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!