For those on Karoo Max

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
Licinius

For those on Karoo Max

Post by Licinius » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:01 pm

Karoo have just agreed to put me back onto my old 3meg service again. That to me suggests the current problems will not be resolved quickly.

For those of you that don't know about the Karoo 'monopoly' in Hull, we don't have a choice of internet provider because we don't have BT in the area.................. its karoo or nothing!

They recently introduced an 8meg service which of course lots of us jumped at. My old 3meg service downloaded consistantly at 350 KB/s 24/7. When I switched to the new 8meg service........ the best I achieved at NON peak periods is 80-90KB/s. At busy periods this drops to 15-16KB/s (yes, less than dial up).

Anybody else in Hull thinking of upgrading...... DON'T & anybody else who has switched over already, get on the blower & switch back.