Cannot complete RUC run

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
chrisalis

Cannot complete RUC run

Post by chrisalis » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:13 pm

Wonder if you can help with problem I'm having re RUC partially completing on a DLINK DSL-G604T - have downloaded all three versions of RUC and have installed VB6 runtime files and mswinsck.ocx - tried running all three versions 1.1.6-8 inc, but none complete.

Versions 1.1.7 and 1.1.8 get about 75-6% and wont go any further, producing a log file in the relevant folder (copy attached below). Version 1.1.6 runs only to 30% and doesnt produce the logfile - all systems running on my trusty, rusty old selfbuild Intel lappy with XP.

Any suggestions?
Attachments
env-20071112_152358_DLINK DSL-G604T.zip
(550 Bytes) Downloaded 545 times
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi,

Does it behave any differently if you uncheck the "Back Up Default/Current" Environment options ?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
chrisalis

Post by chrisalis » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:24 pm

No Jim - exactly the same - I've read the other threads and there seems to be an unresolved issue here? - which is why I'm posting rather than followings the instructions in the readme...
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:24 pm

chrisalis wrote:No Jim - exactly the same - I've read the other threads and there seems to be an unresolved issue here? - which is why I'm posting rather than followings the instructions in the readme...
Hi - no offence meant - just got to check the obvious first - not everybody follows the insructions or even reads them :)
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:39 pm

There are some instructions in the readme on how to report problems like this ;)

Although I haven't seen the partial report, I'm guessing this is down to a timing issue. The RUC seems to have this problem with several DLink routers. I have been incorporating some extra debugging features to work around this type of problem - here is a later (beta) version: Download v1.1.9

If you change the login prompt in the INI from from "login" to "ogin", the RUC should complete. If not, please run the RUC in debug mode and PM the results to me :)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
KevinR
Regular
Regular

Post by KevinR » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:53 pm

This was a general problem with the dlink official firmware versus the RUC.
There is certain point where the dlink replies "ogin:" instead of "login:". (Or possibly windows or the RUC drop the character. )

For info: I made the 2.3 upgrade on a dsl-g604t V.A1 last week. Its working well. It seems faster and more stable.

I took the precaution of using DarkWolf's variant as its tuned to the dlink a little more and some people said it installed better over dlink's own firmware.
I found the first install attempt bricked the router (ie. lost most of the firmware) so I then reran the install using the "failed upgrade" mode. This worked OK.

Make sure you read the main upgrade threads on here as a precaution. Do all the things they recommend (just incase).

If you need more advise ask here or PM me.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:03 pm

KevinR wrote:This was a general problem with the dlink official firmware versus the RUC.
There is certain point where the dlink replies "ogin:" instead of "login:". (Or possibly windows or the RUC drop the character. )
Thanks for confirming my suspicions...
KevinR wrote:If you need more advise ask here or PM me.
We generally recommend everyone posts their support/advice etc on the forum so that others may benefit. The RT team will not provide support via PMs ;)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!