RouterTech Firmware v2.5 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

RouterTech Firmware v2.5 Discussion

Post by Kieran » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:55 am

This is the place to discuss (thanks, suggestions, criticisms etc.) the v2.5 release of the RouterTech firmware, available for download here

For support, problems, bugs or other such firmware related questions or issues, please start a new thread
Last edited by Kieran on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
amusant76

Repeater function

Post by amusant76 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

Did you add repeater function in this release ?
(I use D-Link G624T)

Thanks.
Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:40 am

This file:

routertech-ar7rd-adam2-1port-firmware-20080331.zip

seems to be damaged!

I can't decompress it by WinRAR 3.71!
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:54 am

Profuse apologies for this, that archive seems to have got corrupted somehow. I have released the file again so the link should now work.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:59 am

Kieran wrote:Profuse apologies for this, that archive seems to have got corrupted somehow. I have released the file again so the link should now work.
Kieran - in future a Simple apology on the first occurrance should be sufficient - however in the unlikely event that an attempt to fix the problem fails you may then consider offering a Sincere apology and only if subsequent attempt should also fail at problem rectification should you move on to offering Profuse apologies....... :lol:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:01 am

I can see the joker is still alive and well even after all that firmware testing ;)
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:05 am

Kieran wrote:I can see the joker is still alive and well even after all that firmware testing ;)
Yeah Sy was posting last night :lol: - good to see you around recently Kieran :D
Jim

Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:59 am

I've installed the new RT 2.5 on a D-Link DSL-504T Atmel with "routertech-ar7rd-adam2-4ports-firmware-20080331".

1. The g604t led scheme works like D-Link scheme (Status blinking), but after the connection, Status become on, not blinking, and remain even the ADSL sync is lost.

2. PPPoA works, PPPoE doesn't work on many sites, maybe is a MTU/MRU problem, i've have to test it when i have more spare time, sorry, Profuse apologies for this. :D

3. I upgraded from WEB configuration, it's better from V.2 EU D-Link firmware, in particular I successfully tried with this (that has also the TIUpgrade package!):

ftp://ftp.dlink.ru/pub/ADSL/DSL-504T/Fi ... adeB05.exe

with the V.3 RU D-Link firmware you risk the bricking, maybe the problem is a different MTD partitions...

4. After a reboot the RT doesn't come back to home page automatically.

Greetings!
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Congratulations on being the first Pondera!

Re: 1

I believe the led scheme came from DarkWolf, it may not be possible to fix if the D-Link software has special led states not supported by the core logic - there was an issue with the ADSL2MUE I struggled with on this, and the red diagnostic LED now doesn't come on on loss of sync).

Re: 4

Yes, we saw this, sorry -if you are referring to the reboot at the end of the upgrade. The web page timeout is always generated by the old firmware and may not be long enough if the new firmware is bigger.

All users should be made aware of this - and wait until the router automatically reboots at the end of the upgrade process before they attempt to reconnect - they must NOT reach for the power/reset switch.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Just want to say thanks to the dev team and everyone else involved for all the hard work that went into producing 2.5 ;)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:47 pm

mstombs wrote:I believe the led scheme came from DarkWolf, it may not be possible to fix if the D-Link software has special led states not supported by the core logic - there was an issue with the ADSL2MUE I struggled with on this, and the red diagnostic LED now doesn't come on on loss of sync).
Is it possible to use the McMCC led scheme for the DSL-504T in the fw below?

http://www.mcmcc.bat.ru/dlinkt/504T/
mstombs wrote:if you are referring to the reboot at the end of the upgrade. The web page timeout is always generated by the old firmware and may not be long enough if the new firmware is bigger.

All users should be made aware of this - and wait until the router automatically reboots at the end of the upgrade process before they attempt to reconnect - they must NOT reach for the power/reset switch.
I'm referring to the reboot in "Tools>System Commands>Restart"!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Pondera wrote:
mstombs wrote:I believe the led scheme came from DarkWolf, it may not be possible to fix if the D-Link software has special led states not supported by the core logic - there was an issue with the ADSL2MUE I struggled with on this, and the red diagnostic LED now doesn't come on on loss of sync).
Is it possible to use the McMCC led scheme for the DSL-504T in the fw below?

http://www.mcmcc.bat.ru/dlinkt/504T/
If you wait for the next release, yes it can be added.
Pondera wrote:I'm referring to the reboot in "Tools>System Commands>Restart"!
How long did you wait for?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:09 pm

Shotokan101 wrote:
Kieran wrote:I can see the joker is still alive and well even after all that firmware testing ;)
Yeah Sy was posting last night :lol: - good to see you around recently Kieran :D
Careful! :lol:
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:11 pm

SyBorg wrote:
Shotokan101 wrote:
Careful! :lol:
Oh ! - tell us another Sy ! :lol:
Jim

Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:15 pm

thechief wrote:If you wait for the next release, yes it can be added.
Nnnooooooo!!! :shock:
thechief wrote:
Pondera wrote:I'm referring to the reboot in "Tools>System Commands>Restart"!
How long did you wait for?
It never stop to wait and it never return to "home": I had to go to "home" manually!