Possible SPAM from admin@routertech.org

All errors or issues on the website/forums should be reported here and will be investigated. Support questions about how to use/access features not documented in the forum FAQ and discussion about the site forums are also welcome here, but please read this thread before posting such items.
derekw
Novice
Novice

Possible SPAM from admin@routertech.org

Post by derekw » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi,

I've just received an EMail which purports to be from admin@routertech.org and which looks a bit Spammy to me!

I'd rather not share details openly, so can I post a PM and if so to whom?
mkarcher

Post by mkarcher » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:36 pm

I also received a spam mail originating from "an administrator of RouterTech". I sent the complaint back to admin@routertech.org, as indicated in the header of the mail. I suspect someone's account on routertech with administrative priviledges has been hacked.

This spam mail contained advertisment for accounts for a well known download server system containing many files of questionable legality.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:47 pm

We have received a similar report from another forum member and we are investigating this issue. It's possible that the spammers are simply spoofing our email address - if that is the case, there isn't a lot we can do. An account hack is less likely, but of course we are considering all possibilities.

Please can anyone receiving these emails PM myself with the full email, including the headers - thanks :)
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:37 pm

This issue is being looked into in earnest. Apologies to anyone has received SPAM purporting to be from us.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!