RouterTech Firmware 2.91.1 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

RouterTech Firmware 2.91.1 Discussion

Post by Kieran » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 pm

This is the place to discuss (thanks, suggestions, criticisms etc.) the v2.91.1 release of the RouterTech firmware, available for download here

For support, problems, bugs or other such firmware related questions or issues, please start a new thread
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
mysticalos
Experienced
Experienced

Re: RouterTech Firmware 2.91.1 Discussion

Post by mysticalos » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:09 am

First time ever successfully updated through webui and didn't have to erase firmware and force feed through adam2 ftp :)...Guess that proves it was a fragmented environment blocking it before. :)

how do you setup auto_defragenv.sh so it auto runs with cron?
Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Pondera wrote:D-Link DSL-504T with PSPBoot 1.4.0.4 and RT 2.90 modified as below:
Pondera wrote:Installed PSPBoot 1.4.0.4 (psp_boot_Acorp_W400G-1.4.0.4) on D-Link DSL-504T with CICLaMaB 4.5.8.
With TIUpgrade package of DSL-504T-GenII REV_C (same hardware of DSL-524T -that uses ADAM2- and DSL-2540T -that uses PSPBoot-) in Corrupted Image Mode updated to V3.02B01T01.AU.20080827.
Then via WEB GUI updated to RouterTech_3.6.0D_20090419_2.90.A_AR7RD-4Ports_psbl-4mb-flash_firmware.upgrade.img!
All done without JTAG!
updated via WEB GUI to RouterTech_3.6.0D_20090912_2.91_AR7RD-4Ports_psbl-4mb-flash_firmware.upgrade.img and setted to led.504t-v2 (PPP Status working fine as McMCC style!). :D
Instead led.504t-acorp doesn't work: "Status" led always off!
Updated successfully via WEB GUI to RouterTech_3.6.0D_20090922_2.91.1_AR7RD-4Ports_psbl-4mb-flash_firmware.upgrade.img and setted to 504t-acorp in "RT Configurations" section! :D
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm

mysticalos wrote:First time ever successfully updated through webui and didn't have to erase firmware and force feed through adam2 ftp :)...Guess that proves it was a fragmented environment blocking it before. :)
O ye of little faith! Wherefore didst thou doubt our wisdom? ;)
mysticalos wrote:how do you setup auto_defragenv.sh so it auto runs with cron?
[1] cronjob.sh
[2] cronjob-env.sh
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:12 pm

There are two polls going on [here] about features for our Firmware v2.92 here. Some previous have had only a handful of members completing them. Please participate in these polls so that we can know what our members think.

Thanks. :)
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
robertocatenacci

Post by robertocatenacci » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Upgraded successfully my dlink g604t to firmware 2.91.1 (from 2.8 ) through its web gui after a defragmentation of the environment. All is working like a charm ... great firmware indeed !!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:31 pm

Great! :)
cesarvog
Novice
Novice

Post by cesarvog » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Good day!

Upgrade of G604T to 2.9.1.1 from 2.9 using web interface ended successfully, but after reboot was still on 2.9. Tried 3 times with same results. I don't know what went wrong as I did reset to firmware defaults both before and after upgrade on every attempt. Also patiently waited 10 min in each attempt before I do anything else. Did also empty browser history and cache.

In the end, I had to edit TiUpgrade config file from 2.9 to load new img files and ran TiUpgrade with corrupt mode set.

After reconfiguring connection and other settings, I ran check_env and got 1 as result. I then executed setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG and got 0 before reboot. After reboot ran check_env again and got 1 again. Executed setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG twice again and got 0 both before and after reboot. So far everything seems to work perfectly. I hope defraging from time to time will prevent me from having to unbrick the router every 3 or 4 months.

Good Job team. Thanks for such a great work! Is there a place I can go to donate other than buying stuff from the store?

Cesar/Brazil
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:35 pm

cesarvog wrote:...Good Job team. Thanks for such a great work! Is there a place I can go to donate other than buying stuff from the store?
Thanks for the feedback, most of us just contribute time, Kieran also handles the hosting costs, and if you look hard enough you may find a "tip jar" on http://www.kieranoshea.com/
mysticalos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by mysticalos » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:07 am

cesarvog wrote:Good day!

Upgrade of G604T to 2.9.1.1 from 2.9 using web interface ended successfully, but after reboot was still on 2.9. Tried 3 times with same results. I don't know what went wrong as I did reset to firmware defaults both before and after upgrade on every attempt. Also patiently waited 10 min in each attempt before I do anything else. Did also empty browser history and cache.

In the end, I had to edit TiUpgrade config file from 2.9 to load new img files and ran TiUpgrade with corrupt mode set.

After reconfiguring connection and other settings, I ran check_env and got 1 as result. I then executed setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG and got 0 before reboot. After reboot ran check_env again and got 1 again. Executed setenv DEFRAG DEFRAG twice again and got 0 both before and after reboot. So far everything seems to work perfectly. I hope defraging from time to time will prevent me from having to unbrick the router every 3 or 4 months.

Good Job team. Thanks for such a great work! Is there a place I can go to donate other than buying stuff from the store?

Cesar/Brazil

That's same thing that happened to me, so fragmented on first defrag that some saved variables were probably lost, reapplying those variables after first reboot would return a 1 flag for fragmentation (although trivial compared to fragmentation you probably had before). Second defrag didn't lose any variables so 0 stuck through reboot.

I'd also bet that the reason your web interface upgrade failed was also do to a very junked up environment. I'm sure next upgrade will go smooth :)
Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:10 am

Pondera wrote:
thechief wrote:
Pondera wrote:
eshieldx wrote:"Status -> Connection Status" doesn't show (N\A) connection's "Online" status. It's a feature or a bug?
I use PPPoE with Alice 7M (italian Telecom provider) and I confirm I read the same thing: "Connection Status>Online>NA"!
Which router do you have?
D-Link DSL-504T with PSPBoot 1.4.0.4 and RouterTech_3.6.0D_20090912_2.91_AR7RD-4Ports_psbl-4mb-flash_firmware.upgrade.img!
I can confirm the above bug report in PPPoE!

In PPPoA there isn't this kind of problem!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks. Does the "System uptime" and/or the "WAN uptime" on the "Home" page report correctly?
Pondera
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Pondera » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 pm

Yes!
gibran
Novice
Novice

Post by gibran » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Hallo everybody,

I successfully installed routertech-ar7rd-pspboot-1port-firmware-20090922 on a Dlink DSL-320T

I'm aware that it got pretty limited memory (8 MB) though I intend to use it as bridged modem and overcome some glitches of its vanilla firmware http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~greg/projects/dlink.html

I found out that Tools\System Diagnostics and telnet ps outputs provide different results.

System diagnostic mention thttpd twice but it does't list /sbin/utelnetd
81 root 1228 S /usr/sbin/thttpd -d /usr/www -u root -p 80 -c /cgi-bi
714 root 1228 S /usr/sbin/thttpd -d /usr/www -u root -p 80 -c /cgi-bi

telnet ps output mention tthtpd once and it lists /sbin/utelnetd as well.

I was wondering if it could be possible to disable utelnetd, since in another topic about another low memory device there was an advice to kill either SNTP and optionally thttpd to free some memory

The system diagnostic output threw me off a little as I was unable to explain the two thttpd instances or the lack of utelnetd

Is utelnetd spawned only when a client knock on port 23?
Was the 2nd httpd instance an artifact of sort?

I have another question related to /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max 3079 default.

In my naive inexperienced thinking I would be willing to increase it up to 8192.

Though as I lack in understanding about its relation to memory consumption I hope somebody could point me to some resource to learn about those aspects:

If the memory needed to handle those connections is pre-allocated or if the remaining free memory (320Kb in my case) will be used on-demand.

If 320K would be enough to handle up to 3079 or if it would be necessary to reduce ip_conntrack_max or if possible to increase it according to some estimation formula.

Though I guess the firmware memory footprint cannot be reduced further for technical reasons I would appreciate if anybody could confirm this so to not have me unnecessarily wish for a modem only routertech release, and maybe advice me about a brand/device modem that support up to 8192 connections.

But anyway if the modem is set to bridged mode does ip_conntrack_max continue to apply even if the device is attached to a router/PC that is able to handle more than 3079 connections?

Any feedback comment will be greatly appreciated.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Pondera wrote:Yes!
Ok, thanks. Problem found and (hopefully) fixed.