RouterTech Firmware 2.96 Discussion

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: RouterTech Firmware 2.96 Discussion

Post by thechief » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:22 pm

The screens are not the same.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Finite

Post by Finite » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:56 am

thechief, I upgraded to 2.96 without any problem. but I having some problem with the DDNS. Can u verify that DDNS, No-IP is broken... always return Bad password...while i can update via DNS-O-Matic.
also dynDNS always return Domain Name configured is not registered with DynDNS Server.
hiteck
Regular
Regular

Post by hiteck » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:30 am

Check the System Log under gui Status. See if it gives differing results.
Any fool can make things complicated. It takes a genius to make things simple. - Einstein Jobs
mysticalos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by mysticalos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am

just curious, ipv6 isn't industry standard quite yet. but one day it might be. have any hacks/attempts been made recently to work with it in RT firmware? or is hardware just too obsolete for it? a lot of my games/apps are getting involved in ipv6 day to stress test compliance for users who are already up and running in it.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am

Finite wrote:Can u verify that DDNS, No-IP is broken
No, it isn't.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:24 am

mysticalos wrote:just curious, ipv6 isn't industry standard quite yet. but one day it might be. have any hacks/attempts been made recently to work with it in RT firmware? or is hardware just too obsolete for it?
I think it is more a software issue. IPV6 support needs to be enabled in all sorts of places. We have played a bit with that in recent times. It increases the size of everything, but whether it actually works is another thing. I suspect that, by the time that IPV6 becomes mainstream, these AR7 routers would have long been obsolete - but, even if not, the pressure on the IPV4 space would have been greatly reduced by new IPV6 devices (especially mobile phones, tablets, etc), such that IPV4 devices would continue life blissfully ...
Finite

Post by Finite » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:09 am

ok i found out that the fault is from Dyndns, I delete and recreate the host then everything work fine... since dyndns working i din't test out the no-ip further
mysticalos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by mysticalos » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm

thechief wrote:
mysticalos wrote:just curious, ipv6 isn't industry standard quite yet. but one day it might be. have any hacks/attempts been made recently to work with it in RT firmware? or is hardware just too obsolete for it?
I think it is more a software issue. IPV6 support needs to be enabled in all sorts of places. We have played a bit with that in recent times. It increases the size of everything, but whether it actually works is another thing. I suspect that, by the time that IPV6 becomes mainstream, these AR7 routers would have long been obsolete - but, even if not, the pressure on the IPV4 space would have been greatly reduced by new IPV6 devices (especially mobile phones, tablets, etc), such that IPV4 devices would continue life blissfully ...
that's very true.
paaaja
Regular
Regular

Post by paaaja » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I've recently noticed a small detail in Routertech's UPnP properties. When you click on "Network" in Win7, you can see your computers on the network and also all routers with UPnP enabled. The 2.96 version of the firmware still reports itself as 2.95 (as shows the attached picture)
Attachments
rt.jpg
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Fixed, thanks.
vieffe56

Post by vieffe56 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:37 pm

I've upgraded my Roper FLYNET ADSL2/2+ ROADSL2P-WG to V2.96 without problems, from the web interface.
Thanks. :mrgreen:
paaaja
Regular
Regular

Post by paaaja » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey all. There might be another problem in the 2.96 4mb firmware's description. The thing is that when I use the AnnexA version, the image contains a "4mb-flash" string in VERSION in the System Diagnostics. The AnnexB variant doesn't have this value. So I can see my version (2mb vs. 4mb) only via the provided features. I will post pictures for you to see. I'm pretty sure I have the 4mb version installed, because I can use top, edit, and other specific features of this version.
Attachments
4bm_AnnexB.jpg
2.96_4mb_feats.jpg
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Ok, thanks. Will be fixed.
ocean

Post by ocean » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi,

Only just discover your great work here and been messing with 2.95 on my d-link g604t. Upgraded to 2.96 and just wondering if there is any other way I can restart the router from the web interface as you have removed the restart button. The 'Reboot Router' menu option doesn't work for me, I get the "Internal communication error" message. From searching I believe its something to do with me using a block of public IPs.

andrewluck posted a solution for "Internal communication error" and public IPs (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3721&p=46995) but it's a bit over my head at the mo :shakehead:

Cheers
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 pm

ocean wrote:Upgraded to 2.96 and just wondering if there is any other way I can restart the router from the web interface as you have removed the restart button.
No, every other way also requires you to not have the ICE problem. What we need to ascertain is why you have that problem. Connect to the router via telnet or ssh, run "diagnostics.sh", and then post the output.

PS: you can also restart the router from telnet by running "reboot".