29%
Recommendation
21%
Other
7%

Total votes: 108
nadger

Post by nadger » Sun May 21, 2006 11:37 am

Shotokan101 wrote: EDIT: ...forgot to ask - what's your Avater ?
Being a Goon fan it's Major Bloodnock - my username goes back to mid 50s when most of us, in drawing office I worked in, had nicknames from Goon Show :wink:

ps - Gary and I go back over 4 years to our early Pipex days. :slangmatch:
Pipex Sanctuary

Eicon Diva 2440
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks nadger - always good to get a bit of history :D - hope you enjoy the forum - always looking for some fun here as well :wink:

EDIT: .....another benefit is of course that we can now look forward to many amusing eMu tales..... :twisted:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
dataman
Novice
Novice

Post by dataman » Wed May 24, 2006 11:11 am

When I did a google search for SWSAPUR I found my post on adsltech had been copied on here 12 hours later.
From the replies on here appears that "khan" is something to do with safecom !
khan wrote: Posted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:07 pm Post subject: SWSAPUR FTP Samba access

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there anyway to have the FTP server running and disable the Samba server so that I can allow external access via FTP ( from work ) and not have the files / directory be accessible on the LAN.

Also is it possible to change the number of connections from 1 per IP to at least 2.
dataman on adsltech wrote:Posted: 02/May/2006 at 12:13 AM| IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there anyway to have the FTP server running and disable the Samba server so that I can allow external access via FTP ( from work ) and not have the files / directory be accessible on the LAN.

Also is it possible to change the number of connections from 1 per IP to at least 2.
Had used adsltech in the past to look up problems and noticed the people that gave the most useful help have left and now run this forum.
Thankyou to Google for showing me where to come to get firsthand good help.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:18 am

And most welcome you are here - welcome aboard ! :D
Jim

thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed May 24, 2006 11:28 am

Welcome to RouterTech dataman :).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed May 24, 2006 11:29 am

AyKuT wrote:From your last message on adsltech forums. :roll:
What? The ones that were deleted?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
AyKuT

Post by AyKuT » Wed May 24, 2006 12:46 pm

thechief wrote:
No couldn't catch the deleted ones but found http://www.adsltech.com/PORTAL/forum/fo ... =6221&PN=1 and then here 8)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed May 24, 2006 1:10 pm

AyKuT wrote:
thechief wrote:
No couldn't catch the deleted ones but found http://www.adsltech.com/PORTAL/forum/fo ... =6221&PN=1 and then here 8)
Cool :) I am sure whatever is there is interesting (or boring, as the case may be). We are no longer members of that forum, so who knows what that thread might contain?
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Wed May 24, 2006 1:28 pm

Its just our resignation messages; you only have to be logged in to view them - there are no special forum perms or anything.
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Wed May 24, 2006 1:39 pm

The thing is...some of us have had our IPs banned and our ADSLTech user accounts deleted :raiseeyebrow:
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Wed May 24, 2006 1:46 pm

Careful you don't log in with an alias you want to keep then. pretty obvious anyone seen viewing that thread has come directly from here.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
Grotius
Novice
Novice

Post by Grotius » Mon May 29, 2006 3:47 pm

Hey guys,

I got fed up with adsltech after having my posts summarily deleted, and having my IP address banned before that.

It seems that those guys don't know how to run a forum at all, or how to treat their paying customers. Nor do they seem to understand that the customer is always right. And their Administrator is extremely rude and trigger happy. I truly regret now having recommended their products to people - but it seems that those products will be well supported here.

Anyways, I have left in a big huff. :x But before doing that, I did a Google search for the names of a few of the former administrators who had left adsltech (for very good reasons in my opinion). And, here you all were! :D :D :D

I have tried the spread the good word at the other place about your whereabouts. I have no doubt however that their Mr Administrator will delete all my posts, or edit them to say something that I never said.

A long intro to my arrival here - but I am not always this verbose - honestly ;).

I can't promise to be very active here, but I will be lurking.

PS: I like your forum rules - at the other place, they allow what I consider to be potentially racist jokes in their jokes thread.
Fearless Fang - redeemed from The Dark Side (now The Dead Side). RouterTech Rocks!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 pm

Welcome Grotius :D

...and thanks for all the good publicity work over on AT :thumb:
Jim

Grotius
Novice
Novice

Post by Grotius » Mon May 29, 2006 4:11 pm

Thanks Shotokan101. In fact, you've helped me more than you can imagine. The rest, as they say, is history. :)
I expect that I will have been banned on the "dark side" by now. Darth Vader is too trigger happy to let my "insolence" go unanswered. :beat:

I love all your emoticons! I wonder how long before The Empire appropriates some of them.
Fearless Fang - redeemed from The Dark Side (now The Dead Side). RouterTech Rocks!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon May 29, 2006 4:16 pm

Why thank you Grotious - it's nice to see that "Shoto" "Kan" help - at least sometimes :lol:

I look forward to helping you in the future :D
Jim