This is a simple tool so it should be fairly easy to use: if you need instructions on basic usage, see the readme file.
Restoring the environment partitions
- Use the MTD calculator to get the MTD values for a firmware which you will 'upgrade' to.
- Set the values using PC-Tool (manually or via a script) / bootloader FTP / telnet (if using telnet, a reboot is required after setting the values).
- Flash the router with the firmware selected in step 1) using PC-Tool (as in a normal repair) or similar.
This tool will also help Adam2 router owners switch between single and separate firmware images. Bear in mind that you will need to use PC-Tool or similar to flash the firmware images when switching. The steps are very similar to the restoration process (above):
- Use the MTD calculator to work out the MTD values for the firmware you wish to upgrade to. If you wish to go from a single image to separate images (such a change is not recommended), you must choose the matching single firmware image file in the MTD calculator.
- Set the MTDs for either single or separate images (using PC-Tool, bootloader FTP, telnet etc).
- If using telnet in step 2), reboot the router.
- Flash the new firmware image/images on to the router using PC-Tool or similar.
No guarantees are made for this software - we take no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred whilst using it. Using this software itself won't damage your router but if you use the data generated by this utility and something goes wrong, then you probably will trash your environment / brick your router.
Thanks to the rest of the RouterTech staff for suggestions, testing etc
Download v1.0.1 - includes optional MTD5 for PSPBoot routers