ANDROID DEVICE/PC CONNECTIVITY ISSUES (TCP/IP)

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
GaryDoo

ANDROID DEVICE/PC CONNECTIVITY ISSUES (TCP/IP)

Post by GaryDoo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping someone could help me. I am a college student working on developing android application for my final year. I recently purchased the TP-LINK tl-wr740n, I installed it and all worked perfectly. The other day I came out and my pc, my iphone and my android device wouldn't connect, I tried multiple troubleshooting ideas, eventually I had to reset the router and re install it.

My problem is this, as part of my application I create tcp/ip connection between my android device and my server which is on my pc, this had been working perfectly before this issue, now however, there isn't any connection. My code etc is the same, so I'm wondering is there a setting on my router that is different or that could be changed to allow this connection, or something that is in place that is blocking this connection? The android device will connect to the internet via the router now as will the pc and iphone, but I can't get my application to communicate with the pc through tcp/ip.

If there is anyone that has any ideas about this I would be really appreciate hearing them as I'm wasting precious time with this issue. :curse:

kind regards,

Gary