Actiontec pk5000 - Reset GUI password from Telnet

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
PRMiller

Actiontec pk5000 - Reset GUI password from Telnet

Post by PRMiller » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:25 pm

This morning I used the GUI on my Actiontec PK5000 to enable remote telnet, setting the user ID and password to match those of my GUI (screenshots available from Qwest's website here: http://qwest.centurylink.com/internethe ... elnet.html).

Since that change was made, I have been unable to log in to the GUI from a browser window. However, I can still Telnet in. I have a few questions:

1) Any opinion as to what may have caused this?
2) Can I retrieve my GUI UID and PW via Telnet? It is NOT the same as my PPPoE UID and PW. I exported the contents of an XML config file, though I don't recall the command I used to do it. No luck there, but it DID contain credentials for connect@qwest.com.

I'm trying to avoid doing a factory reset due to the configuration I've done, but I may have to suck it up. If so, is there a way to export the list of MAC addresses I've allowed on the network, as well as ports forwarded?

Thanks,
Paul