trying to restore dlink DIR 605L

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
duke
Regular
Regular

trying to restore dlink DIR 605L

Post by duke » Sat May 04, 2019 4:07 pm

hello everyone after a long time i'm active here again

i have a bunch of free time and some really strange networking stuff that i'm trying to save from the landfill
tools serial ttl cable soldering skills ubuntu and windows pc and random parts spare capacitors etc

dlink DIR 605L had its factory sticker on it ,which i removed and poked inside looks fairly stock and no visible bad capacitors has 2 8-pin power regulators based on mosfets and is powered by 5v dc power supply

powered it on and unable to connect on the default gateway ip
rebooted with the reset button pressed it goes into recovery has a webpage emergency webserver where i can upload a firmware file
downloaded latest file and uploaded it ,uploaded correctly nothing happened

plugged in the serial cable and it looks like its going in a bootloop

will post the serial output here soon and photo of the board, i'm scratching my head right now,haveuploaded multiple firmwares all have flashed sucessfully (also show up on the serial output that flashing succeeded ) after flasing it loads up page 192.168.1.254 ?? i dont know why
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: trying to restore dlink DIR 605L

Post by Shotokan101 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Any updated info?

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....